Advanced corneal topographer can closely examine ocular structures for more accurate diagnosis and effective treatment.
The OCULUS Keratograph 5M is an advanced corneal topographer with a high-resolution color camera optimized for external imaging. Unique features include the capability to examine the meibomian glands and non-invasive tear film break-up time, and measure tear meniscus height. Dry eye affects more than 24 million people in the U.S. and influences these patient’s quality of life and surgical outcomes. Advanced diagnostic technologies including the OCULUS Keratograph 5M have made it easier to diagnose and treat dry eye. Building the dry eye practice can generate significant revenue and patient referrals with virtually no medical/legal exposure.
The Meibo-Scan meibography feature enables assessment of the glandular tissue and 3D display of the meibomian glands in upper and lower eyelids to detect meibomian gland dysfunction (MGD). The TF-Scan for screening dry eye patients is quick and easy with the NIKBUT (Non-Invasive Keratograph Break-up Time) capability of the Keratograph 5M. Results are reproducible and easily stored for documentation and patient consultation purposes. It is compatible with most EMR systems.
The Keratograph 5M is the key to building a dry eye clinic in five easy steps:
- Step 1 Educate and advertise with Keratograph 5M brochures, pull-up displays, Got Dry Eye buttons, and “Find a doctor” search engine at dryeyehurts.com.
- Step 2 Include quick non-invasive tear breakup time (NIKBUT) exam as a free standard screening tool for all patients and share easy to read results.
- Step 3 Ensure that Keratograph 5M advanced diagnostic (Meibography, TF-Scan, and Tear Meniscus height) are key components of the $99 dry eye exam.
- Step 4 Advise patients on treatments such as artificial tears, compresses, goggles, Lipiflow, and nutritional supplements.
- Step 5 Use “compare” functions of the Keratograph 5M during scheduled follow-up and annual exams to show treatment success and disease progression.
OCULUS, Inc. •888-284-8004 •oculususa.com